Attention to detail is what matters most when it comes to coffee makers. This coffee maker has so much done well from the design, look, and specs, right down to the core features such as heating, filtering, and brewing. For me, a coffee machine that excels in all these things without overcomplicating the user experience is an absolute winner.
The Wolf Gourmet Coffee Maker is one such example that stands out from the herd (I guess you could say it’s the “lone wolf” of coffee makers, haha!) In our Wolf Coffee Maker review, we introduce a machine built to deliver exceptional coffee without compromising on excellent design.
Overall Wolf Coffee Maker Review
- Built-in scale weighs coffee grounds
- Brew on Accu-Brew or Manual modes
- Adjustable brew strength from mild to bold
- 10-cup carafe with double-wall construction
- Load coffee grounds into the smooth-glide, front-load brew basket
- Removable side-access reservoir can be filled right in the sink
Wolf Gourmet is an established manufacturer of all kinds of countertop-residing machines. They cover an array of kitchen appliances and tools with precision control to give you exactly what you envision. Keeping this philosophy in mind, the brand has created the Wolf Gourmet coffee machine.
Designed to enable its users to create the perfect cup of coffee, it uses integrated functions built into the brewer to customize your coffee exactly how you like it. Wolf achieves high user satisfaction by incorporating unique features and perks, truly making it exceptional in the coffee maker marketplace.
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 10.7 x 14.6-inches
- Weight: 15.87 lbs
- Color: Stainless steel silver (the knobs can be changed between silver and black)
- Wolf Gourmet Programmable Coffee Maker
- 50 oz Removable Water Reservoir
- Front Load Brew Basket
- Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe
- Black Knob Accessories
There’s plenty to be excited about with the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker, but if there’s anything to pay close attention to, it has to be the Accu Brew feature. Most machines don’t give you much guidance on the volume of coffee grounds you should use for your blend, but the Wolf coffee maker aims to provide you with the perfect cup of coffee.
Hence, its Accu Brew technology is integrated into the machine to inform you exactly how much ground coffee you need in order to achieve the precise boldness and richness of your desired brew. It is done using a built-in scale that weighs the grounds as you fill up the brew basket. This, combined with an easy-to-read LCD, lets you know when to stop to ensure the perfect coffee-to-water ratio.
In terms of functionality, the Wolf coffee maker has a simple and intuitive design for the control panel that lets you toggle between manual mode and Accu Brew mode using a dial knob. Similarly, you can use the other dial to choose your brew size measured in cups.
When it comes to making a delicious coffee every time, it all comes down to the brewing method. Hence, the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker stays true to its principles by using the optimal brewing temperature, extraction method, and time to craft superior tasting coffee at the push of a button.
Optimizing the brewing process greatly emphasizes the contact time and interaction between the coffee grounds and the water. The Wolf coffee system uses an even water spray across the ground coffee. The result is a smooth, well-balanced, rich, and aromatic cup of coffee that tastes great from the first sip to the last drop.
Display and Size
All of this information will be displayed on the LCD screen as you toggle between your preferences. The screen is made to be easy to read, so you can seamlessly keep track of your brewing cycle from start to finish. It also allows you to set the time.
Included as part of the screen’s component are several buttons that allow you to pre-program your brewing time so that you can brew coffee automatically at a pre-determined time. For example, you can set the brew to start as soon as you wake up from bed. It can store your last brew memory into the system so that you get your perfect brew size and strength every time.
Single serves aside, let’s talk about the biggest features of the Wolf drip coffee maker. Coming in with a 50-ounce water tank and an equally large stainless steel carafe, the machine is designed to brew a large 10-cup sized pot of coffee in under 7 minutes.
The water reservoir is completely removable and dishwasher safe and even comes with a convenient ergonomic handle that makes refilling and emptying easy. The included carafe is completely thermal and keeps your coffee warm for hours on end, making it something you could take with you to a picnic or bbq.
Whether you want a single cup of coffee or an entire carafe worth, the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker lets you choose your desired amount and helps you brew it to perfection too.
Look and Design
The Wold Gourmet coffee machine is built with a heavy-duty design and typically weighs more than other coffee makers, so I wouldn’t recommend moving it around too much. Once settled and nestled in a position on your kitchen counter, the Wolf coffee brewer looks gorgeous. It has a little bit of a vintage feel and a full stainless steel finish.
The great thing about bulky, heavyweight machines like this is they tend to be more durable in the long run as they are less susceptible to the elements or hazards in general (your kids won’t be able to knock this machine over, I assure you).
If you aren’t a huge fan of the stainless steel silver look, you can change the color of the dial knobs to black as provided with the purchase. In fact, you may even opt to go for another bundle that includes red knobs instead, the choice is yours!
The stainless steel carafe is also a nice compliment to the machine’s overall appearance and design choice, giving it the perfect touch to complete the look. Keep in mind, despite its weight of over 15 lbs, this coffee maker does not take up too much space with its relatively compact dimensions. This makes it a convenient kitchen appliance for placement and storage.
- Accu Brew technology ensures you always use just the right amount of coffee grounds via an integrated scale and LCD.
- Programmable features allow you to brew coffee at a pre-determined time to help you plan ahead and cut out a step in your morning routine.
- The bulky design is durable and long-lasting but also compact enough to fit conveniently wherever you wish to brew coffee.
- 50 oz removable water reservoir allows you to brew an entire pot of coffee and is easy to clean.
- Keeps coffee hot using a thermal carafe with double walls of construction.
- Stainless steel thermal carafe with double-wall construction is durable, strong, and sturdy.
- 5- year limited product warranty by Wolf Gourmet.
- There is no keep warm function included.
- No grinder or milk frother included.
The Wolf Gourmet drip coffee machine brings forth the best out of your pre-ground coffee beans using Accu Brew technology, so you know exactly how much coffee to use to achieve your unique brew strength and boldness preference. When it comes to delivering accurate results and upholding its values, the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker is proving to be a hit among customers around the world.
Scoring a user rating of 4.3-stars on Amazon reviews by over 200 global customers of the Wolf coffee machine, this product is guaranteed to deliver style, flavor, and ease of use. Use the link to Amazon’s review page below to see all the praise, complaints, and everything in-between about the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker!
Wolf Gourmet coffee maker Cleaning and Maintenance
How to descale wolf coffee machine
To ensure your machine is operating correctly and producing the best results, it is important to descale the machine regularly to keep it nice and clean. We’ve provided a basic step-by-step guide to descaling your Wolf Gourmet coffee maker below (not to be used as a detailed guide):
- Fill the water reservoir with about 20 ounces of white vinegar or descale solution.
- Fill the rest of the water tank with regular or filtered water.
- Place your carafe or equivalent-sized container under the dispenser and turn the dial to set it to brew a full carafe (10 cups).
- Run the brew cycle by pressing the start button under the LCD screen.
- When the machine stops dispensing, empty the carafe’s contents down the sink and return it to the dispenser.
- Rinse the water reservoir out and refill with plain (or filtered) water.
- Run the brew cycle once more using the same settings and press start.
- Finished! Your machine is now descaled and rinsed, ready for the next brew!
How to sanitize wolf coffee machine
Keeping your machine clean is not rocket science, but there are a few things to keep in mind when wiping down your Wolf coffee machine, so we’ve put together a quick guide to help you:
- Remove all detachable components such as the machine’s water reservoir, brew basket, carafe, and filters.
- Use a dishwasher to clean these components or handwash them with soapy water under the sink.
- Use a damp cloth or paper towel and wipe down the rest of the machine. You can opt to use a spray detergent for an extra hygienic clean.
- Place the water reservoir, brew basket, carafe, and filters back into their respective positions and compartments.
- Allow the machine to dry before commencing your next brew.
How to use wolf coffee maker
Using the Wolf coffee maker is (thankfully) as simple as it looks. All you need to do is select your coffee preferences, and the machine will guide you from there:
- Power the device on.
- Fill the water tank up to your desired level (treat it like the amount of coffee you want to brew).
- Turn the dials and observe the LCD screen to adjust your cup size and brew strength to your preferences.
- Insert the recommended amount of coffee grinds as per Accu Brew’s instructions.
- Place your cup, travel mug, or carafe under the dispenser.
- Press the start/stop button to commence brewing.
- Voila! Your perfect cup or jug of coffee is ready to drink!
Wolf Coffee Maker Review FAQ
Should I buy Wolf Gourmet coffee maker?
The Wolf Gourmet coffee maker could be a fantastic investment for you and your loved ones as it can brew coffee using your specific preferences for size and brew strength. Bulkier than most coffee makers, the Wolf promises to be a long-lasting source of delicious coffee.
What is the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker Warranty?
The Wolf Gourmet coffee machine comes with an excellent 5-year warranty for any product defects or lack of quality experienced by the user due to a manufacturing or material flaw. Coverage includes the free or reduced cost of repair or replacement and will be determined based on each individual case.
Where is the Wolf coffee maker made?
Wolf appliances, including coffee systems and brewers, are made in Wisconsin, USA, and headquartered in the town of Madison.
Does Wolf coffee maker have a grinder?
Unfortunately, the Wolf coffee maker does not come with a grinder or bean hopper, meaning you will need to provide your own pre-ground coffee beans.
Wolf Gourmet coffee maker Review: Is it worth it?
So what’s the verdict? There’s every reason to get the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker when it comes to delivering delicious coffee. However, as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Thus, I’ll start with the ugly stuff. Do not buy this machine if you are after espresso shots because you can have a better time with a Nespresso machine. Also, please don’t buy this machine expecting the full cafe experience with a grinder, bean hopper, milk frother, and automatic latte or cappuccino options.
As long as you understand all that and haven’t bounced off this article yet, then you can start to seriously consider this machine for taking your coffee experience to the next level.
Built with its specialty Accu Brew mode, you can more accurately measure your coffee grounds for a perfect coffee-to-water ratio that is sure to give you the best results out of your beans. It starts with the ideal ingredients and then the optimal brewing temperature, bringing water to the precise level for flavor extraction.
The brewing method is of utmost importance. This is where the Wolf sets itself apart once again by using a spray method of coffee and water interaction to evenly extract the coffee’s richness without falling into the trap of inconsistency.
Face it, most coffees we drink taste great on the first sip and sub-par on the final drop. So, you’ll want to pay extra attention to the spray method of coffee extraction and not take it for granted.
On a final note, I honestly believe you can get a lot out of a machine like the Wolf Gourmet coffee maker. I’d double my vouching power for it if you have a family or shared household that also intends to use the machine regularly.
I say this because I feel the true value comes from the versatility of brewing with this machine. I want you to make the most out of the integrated scales rather than always using the same measurements and not letting the scales do their magic.
Regardless, the Wolf Gourmet Coffee Maker is a brilliant choice for tailor-made brewing coffee all year round and is something that can appeal to coffee lovers everywhere, no matter how you strive!
Related Coffee Maker Reviews: