You don’t have to pay an excessive amount of money for a good quality coffee machine. In fact, we’ve done the research for you and put together this list of the Best Coffee Maker Under $50. Happy brewing!
Best Coffee Maker Under $50
- Brew With or Without Pod Packs Brew
- Brew Strength Options
- Fits a Variety of Mugs Use the Adjustable Cup Rest
- Easy to Clean
- Brew Time: 3 Minutes
Capresso 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- Capresso 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- 12-Cup Glass Carafe
- Gold-Tone Coffee Filter
- 24-Hour Clock Timer
- Hot Plate
The Capresso 12-Cup coffee machine features a large brew capacity of 12-cups and a 24-hour programmable timer, and a gold-tone reusable filter basket. Also featured are a glass carafe, auto-shutoff feature, and a warming plate that keeps your coffee warm for up to 2 hours after brewing.
- It has a simple and intuitive control panel with a digital display screen.
- It also has an adjustable brew strength and size at the push of a button.
- Gold-tone filter allows for delicious, high-quality brewing that retains the coffee beans’ essential oils.
- Programmable timer settings allow you to set the exact time for your brew to commence.
- Large capacity of up to 12-cups, so you can brew a full coffee pot or a single cup as preferred.
- No milk frother or grinder included.
- Not compatible with coffee pods, capsules, or K-Cups.
Overall Capresso 12-Cup Coffee Maker Review
Kicking off the list with this fantastic compact machine, the Capresso 12-Cup brewer is small in size yet large in capabilities. As a result, it is the must-get budget coffee maker under $50. It comes with a simple control panel, a gold-tone coffee filter, and comes with a large carafe complete with measuring labels and airtight lids.
There are enough features here to give you the whole experience of supreme coffee brewing that you’d get with expensive coffee makers.
The Capresso is a small but powerful drip coffee maker that does the job of providing an easy-to-use and easy-to-clean solution to coffee making without compromising on superior flavor. For these reasons, the Capresso earns a solid 4.5-star customer rating by almost 100 global reviews and is available for purchase now via Amazon’s online store.
See the link below to buy your own or read the full spectrum of customer reviews!
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker
- Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker
- Dual Water Window
- Removable Filter Basket
- Grab-A-Cup AutoPause
- On/Off Light Indicator
The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker features a dual water window, removable filter basket, brew-pause feature, and an on/off light indicator. In addition, it features a small, 4-cup carafe made of glass.
- Compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry, maintain, and clean.
- A dual water window allows you to keep an eye on the tank’s water level.
- The Grab-A-Cup AutoPause feature lets you temporarily stop the brew so you can pour yourself a cup.
- The on/off light indicator makes it easy to keep track of your machine’s power usage.
- A stain-resistant warming plate keeps your coffee nice and warm for hours after brewing and lets you preheat your cup, so the coffee’s temperature is not compromised upon dispensing.
- The carafe and brew size capacity is quite small compared to other coffee makers.
- No gold-tone filter.
Overall Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker Review
Another solid option from the realm of budget coffee makers is the Mr. Coffee 4-Cup coffee machine that sports a small, compact design for a max brew of 4 cups. Of course, some may not be happy with the smaller sizes, but this machine would suit anyone who lives alone or in a smaller household that is unlikely to need the extra sizes in brewing and pots.
The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup coffee maker is rated a strong 4.5-stars on Amazon reviews, incorporating the feedback of over 2,200 global customers. While I would recommend this machine for the average individual, I also want to be brutally honest. Personally, the use of paper filters is a bit of a turn-off, as I’d much prefer a reusable or permanent coffee filter instead. Nevertheless, Mr. Coffee is a fantastic machine worth checking out using the link below!
Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Easy Touch Programming
- Auto Pause/Pour Feature
- Dishwasher-Safe Carafe and Brew Basket
- Cord Storage
The Hamilton Beach programmable coffee maker features an easy-touch programming mechanism, auto-pause/pour feature, a glass carafe with a capacity of 12-cups, and a removable brew basket. Also included are an easy-view water window, select-a-brew menu, and a 2-hour auto-shutoff feature.
- Allows you to brew coffee your way with regular and bold options.
- The programmable touch feature enables customized brew time to fit your specific schedule.
- 2-hour automatic shutoff function caters to the user’s carelessness by turning off the machine automatically after 2 hours of inactivity.
- Cord storage makes it easy to keep annoying cables contained to avoid hazards and unwanted clutter in your kitchen.
- A 12-cup carafe is included to give you maximum brewing potential so you can make coffee for your whole family with the push of a button.
- No reusable filter or gold-tone baskets.
- Plastic material is not as durable as stainless steel.
Overall Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Review
Built with an abundance of key features designed to make the brewing process easy and put you in control from start to finish, the Hamilton Beach coffee maker is an enabler of delicious coffee at the push of a button. Despite its compact design, this machine still sports a substantial 12-cup carafe for brewing big pots of coffee as needed.
My only complaint with this machine is its use of a paper filter rather than a permanent reusable one (preferably gold-tone) that can further enhance the flavor of your coffee. But, on the other hand, we are talking about budget coffee makers here, and you certainly can’t have the whole world for such an affordable price.
This is likely why this machine is rated a strong 4.5-stars on Amazon reviews because it still makes life easy by being simple to use and clean while providing a great hot coffee at any time you like. Have a read of the Hamilton Beach coffee machine using the link below!
BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker
- BLACK + DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker
- Sneak-a-Cup Feature
- Permanent Grounds Filter
- Carafe (5-cups)
- Removable Easy-Clean Filter Basket
- Lighted On/Off Switch
- Easy-View Water Window
This machine comes with a brew-pause feature, light indicator, and easy-view window. Additionally, it comes with many add-ons, such as a 5-cup glass carafe, an easy-clean removable filter basket, and a permanent grounds filter.
- Permanent grounds filter eliminates the need for paper filters.
- Easy-view window with clear level markings makes filling your desired amount easy.
- A 5-cup carafe is included to easily carry large amounts of coffee and pour coffee.
- A permanent filter means you won’t have to replace annoying paper filters each time.
- The Sneak-a-Cup feature allows you to pause mid-brew to pour yourself a cup without waiting for the whole pot to fill up.
- No stainless steel material means the machine might not be as durable as other coffee machines.
- Carafe and water tank capacities aren’t as large as other coffee makers.
Overall BLACK + DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker Review
If you thought that BLACK + DECKER only manufactured power tools, then you are sorely mistaken. B & D have come up with this cheap and convenient coffee maker, producing an array of kitchen appliances and coffee-making tools. It most suits coffee lovers who want a straightforward machine without too much going on or “extra steps” to brewing up a delicious cuppa.
It is a top-rated coffee maker at its core and yet another excellent low-budget machine with a 4.5-star rating on Amazon reviews. The BLACK + DECKER 5-cup coffee maker brews coffee in all settings, making it great for home or workplace use. This compact coffee maker has got the whole town talking, highly regarded for its ease of use, great flavor, and suitability for small spaces. Over 6,600 people, to be precise!
Check out what they are saying using the link below:
Moss & Stone Electric Coffee Percolator
- Moss & Stone Electric Coffee Percolator
- Stainless Steel Lid with Glass Handle
- 10-Cup Brewing Capacity
The M&S Electric Coffee Percolator comes with a stainless steel lid and glass handle and is designed for brewing on the stove the traditional way. With a 10-cup brewing capacity, stainless steel interior, and coffee basket, you can brew coffee in 6-7 minutes with this percolator.
- The traditional brewing mechanism allows for authentic coffee and espresso making.
- Easy to use, fully automated brewing. Just add coffee and water.
- Durable stainless steel construction and glass lid allows for easy handling that lasts the distance.
- Interior material keeps coffee warm for hours after brewing.
- A detachable cord enables easy storage.
- No grinder or milk frother included.
- Brew size and strength levels must be adjusted manually.
Overall Moss & Stone Electric Coffee Percolator Review
Perhaps the most different product on this list is this percolator-style coffee maker by Moss & Stone. Brew coffee the traditional way and keep things simple with a coffee pot that turns ground coffee into delicious coffee or espresso.
Of course, a coffee maker like this is not for everyone, as it requires a significant amount of manual effort and knowledge on the user’s side to adjust their own brew sizes and strengths accordingly. Rated 4.4-stars on Amazon reviews by about 4,200 global customers, you can read what customers say about this excellent electric coffee maker below!
Mr. Coffee 2129512, 5-Cup Mini Brew
- Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Mini Brew Coffee Maker
- Easy On/Off Switch with Power Indicator
- Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause
- Lift & Clean Filter Basket
- Ergonomic Carafe
This product features a mini compact machine built with an easy on/off switch and a power indicator light. An auto-pause feature also enables you to pour a cup for yourself mid-brew. Finally, an easy-to-clean filter basket and an ergonomic carafe are included to make this small coffee maker achieve great things.
- The compact machine is easy to use and lightweight enough to take with you on holidays or purchase as a gift.
- The auto-pause feature means you won’t need to wait for your brew to finish before pouring yourself a cup.
- Easy on/off switch makes it easy to see the status of your machine, so you know to turn it off when not in use.
- The carafe is ergonomically-friendly and provides 5 cups of capacity.
- Easy-to-view water window and easy-to-clean filter basket.
- The carafe is quite small.
- No gold-tone reusable filters included.
Overall Mr. Coffee 2129512, 5-Cup Mini Brew Review
Yet another fantastic product from Mr. Coffee, this time, we have an even more compact coffee machine in this mini brewer. Surprisingly, this machine brews even more than the other product of the same brand, coming in with a 5-cup carafe rather than the 4-cup one.
Available at a reasonable price and providing some of the best tasting coffee for budget coffee makers, this machine puts you in the driver’s seat by letting you choose how many cups you’d like to brew. Rated 4.5-stars by over 8,000 global reviews on Amazon, this product is one of the best cheap coffee makers you will find on the market today. See the link below for comments and purchase links!
Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
- Front-Access Water Reservoir and Brew Basket
- Programmable Clock
- 2-Hour Shutoff Feature
- Automatic Pause and Serve
The Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker turns your coffee grounds into freshly brewed coffee at the touch of a button using a digital display with brew-strength control and adjustable brew size. In addition, this machine has a front-access water tank and brew basket, a programmable clock, and a 2-hour shutoff function.
- A convenient machine with plenty of brewing options.
- The automatic shutoff feature saves you energy and promotes eco-friendliness.
- A programmable clock lets you choose the time for the brew cycle to commence.
- The front-access water tank and brew basket make filling your machine with coffee grounds and water easy.
- A large 12-cup carafe is convenient for big families or large households.
- No grinder or milk frother included.
- It does not brew espresso, K-Cups, or coffee pods.
Overall Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker Review
This machine truly shines when it comes to its user experience. It is built with a digital display with useful functions such as programmable brew times, adjustable strength levels, and custom brew sizes. It has a unique design with the front-access water tank and basket that makes adding water and coffee an absolute breeze every time.
An army of global customers, 11,797 to be exact, has rated this machine a solid 4.5-stars with high regards to its superior coffee temperature, ease of use, and maintenance. Check out the reviews, good and bad, using the link below!
Hamilton Beach 49979 FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach 49979 FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker
- Ground Coffee and K-Cup Compatibility.
- Adjustable Brew Strength
- Water Reservoir and View Window
- Cup Rest with Storage Area
The Hamilton Beach 49979 features dual compatibility with both coffee ground brewing and K-Cups. You can also adjust the brew strength and cup size and view the reservoir’s water levels.
- Compatible with ground coffee as well as K-Cup brewing for added versatility.
- It empowers the user by enabling adjustable brew strength and cup size.
- View-window for water tank allows you to keep track of water levels.
- Adjustable cup rest and storage area lets you store your K-Cup pack holder and brew basket and also makes room for a taller insulated mug for travel.
- Easy-to-use with a simple lid lowering mechanism.
- No carafe included.
- No grinder or frother included.
Overall Hamilton Beach 49979 FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker Review
This product is honestly a strong candidate for the best budget coffee maker on the market today (or at least as far as this list goes) for several reasons. Most obviously, there is the K-Cup compatibility to complement the ground coffee brewing, giving it that extra bit of versatility over most budget coffee makers of its kind.
Other remarkable factors include the adjustable cup rest, which is essentially a removable drip tray and a storage unit for your filter baskets and K-Cup pack holders. So give this incredible machine that has received a 4.5-star rating from over 12,395 global reviews a fair go by clicking the link below to see the comments, or better yet, to purchase one for yourself!
Black+Decker CM1160B 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Black + Decker 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- Programmable Clock
- Removable Brew Basket
- Duralife Glass Carafe
- Digital Controls
This product features a programmable clock for adjusting brew times and a removable brew basket that makes it easy to clean out coffee grounds. Additionally, it comes with a glass carafe and digital rubberized controls.
- Digital rubberized controls make buttons easy to operate.
- Programmable clock lets you adjust the brew time.
- Easy-view water window to easily track your reservoir’s water levels.
- Duralife glass carafe provides easy-grip handling and measurement markings.
- 2-hour auto-shutoff function is eco-friendly and energy-efficient.
- No compatibility with K-Cups, coffee pods, or capsules.
- No frother or grinder included.
Overall Black+Decker CM1160B 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Review
A notch above the 5-cup version is the B&D 12-cup coffee maker that also includes a better carafe built to be stronger and provide a superior pouring experience. Making coffee with this coffee maker best works with large families or households where brewing 12-cup pots is common.
Nevertheless, this machine also works as a one-cup wonder. Its array of features has earned it a high 4.6-star rating from almost 25,000 global reviews, making it a highly validated product by people and enthusiasts everywhere. Check it out using the link below:
Chemex Classic Series, Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker
- Chemex Glass Coffee Maker
- Borosilicate Glass Material
- 50 oz Capacity
The Chemex Glass coffee maker leverages a pour-over mechanism for making coffee using a simple design incorporating Chemex bonded filters.
- No coils or electricity needed.
- A simple design that’s safe to use with no electrical components.
- Easy to store in cupboard with other glass items such as cups and bowls.
- Timeless, elegant design looks great in all kinds of interior designs.
- 50 oz capacity lets you brew plenty of coffee in one go.
- No grinding or frothing features.
- Both brew strength and size must be adjusted manually.
Overall Chemex Classic Series, Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker Review
The Chemex is undoubtedly a very different coffee maker compared to these other products on the list. I honestly couldn’t even call it a machine due to the absence of electrical or mechanical components.
Just a simple glass vessel with a design that supports a filter basket, you can make anything by adjusting the coffee grounds for a weak coffee or bold espresso as you please. Rated an incredibly high 4.8-stars by over 2,100 global reviews, this product is an acquired taste, but those who have ventured on the path have nothing but positive things to say about it. See for yourself!
BELLA Personal Espresso Maker with Steam Wand
- BELLA Personal Espresso Maker with Steam Wand
- Frothing Steam Wand
- Glass Decanter
- Permanent Filter Basket
- Portafilter and Measuring Scoop
The BELLA machine features a frothing steam wand as well as a portafilter and measuring scoop to accurately brew coffee to cater for your preferred strength and size. Also included is a glass decanter and permanent filter basket.
- Excels in making milk-based coffee such as macchiato, iced coffee, or pumpkin spiced latte.
- Portafilter and measuring scoop make adjusting how much coffee to brew easy.
- The glass decanter is stylish and luxurious in pouring coffee.
- The stunning black design fits best in modern decors.
- Lightweight at just 4.76 pounds for maximum portability and easy maintenance.
- No gold-tone filter.
- No control panel to automatically adjust brew strength and size.
Overall BELLA Personal Espresso Maker with Steam Wand Review
The BELLA espresso maker with steam wand is cheaper than most espresso machines you’ll find out there, but still has the main features of a quality brewer. While I do wish it had a control panel for auto-adjusting your brew size/strength, I think some will appreciate the manual aspect of determining the coffee to water ratio themselves.
Rated 4.1-stars by over 2,100 global reviews on Amazon, this machine shows that not all coffee makers under $50 are made equal, as some do indeed come with a milk frother. See what the people are saying about the BELLA espresso maker with the following link!
Best Coffee Maker Under $50: Top Recommendation
My top pick for the best coffee machine under $50 will have to go to the Hamilton Beach 49979 FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker. While I found the last machine to be a strong contender being the only one with a milk frother, I feel it’s more important to have control over the coffee itself, that is, a basic control panel that lets you choose between regular and bold coffee.
However, the trigger for my decision comes down to the bonus of being compatible with K-Cups. These are the kinds of perks that save us from buying two coffee makers for our kitchen (I know I’ve been a victim of this). Therefore, I highly recommend the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker for your next budget coffee machine purchase, no matter what kind of coffee lover you are!